NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sleeping Enough?

Bingo

How can you tell if your CAG is getting enough sleep?

I get up early to shower before work and Bingo is already up every time – excited to join me in the shower I guess. And since we go to bed fairly late he gets maybe 7-8 hours of sleep during the night. I assume he naps during the day since he doesn't appear sleepy at night.

I did see him once close his eyes after dinner and take a short nap.

Do they get grumpy and nippy with lack of sleep in your experience or do they just appear sleepy at times?

Yes, if you have a quiet house, because you are at work all day, Bingo is taking naps during the day. I put my guys to bed about 9:30 PM, and we get up at 6:00 AM. They usually eat a bit of breakfast, then preen and nap a little. Same at lunchtime; a bit of my lunch, preening, then a nap. Birds will get grumpy, if not given enough sleep throughout the day & night. But, given the opportunity, they'll adjust their schedule to suit yours.

Yes. Some will get nippy, some will get standoffish, some darn-right nasty. Just like us they all have their own way of showing lack of sleep. If they are waking up in the morning on their own, I would assume they are getting enough to get by. I agree that they do nap during the day and that will help make up for any lack of sleep at night.

Marco kinda like her mommy likes her sleep ... one night i had suprise company over LATE (my son and his gf) they were making all sorts of noise it was maybe 11pm Marco had been up since probably 9. The noise continued for maybe 30 mintues until Marco certainly voice her disapproval of the late night visitors VERY LOUDLY :eek: :eek: :eek: scared me to death thought she was hurt it was just one huge loud scream ... once I shushed everyone down she went right back to bed lol so definately bedtimes and grumpy birds LOL

Marco kinda like her mommy likes her sleep ... one night i had suprise company over LATE (my son and his gf) they were making all sorts of noise it was maybe 11pm Marco had been up since probably 9. The noise continued for maybe 30 mintues until Marco certainly voice her disapproval of the late night visitors VERY LOUDLY :eek: :eek: :eek: scared me to death thought she was hurt it was just one huge loud scream ... once I shushed everyone down she went right back to bed lol so definately bedtimes and grumpy birds LOL

I remember the BF and daughter or GF and son days. I preferred them in my house and the noise. Noises meant no hanky, panky!!!!

• 1 month later...

Emmmm i am here i want to say you that the average of sleeping for human is 7 to 8 hours in 24 because if you are enough sleep than this time then you may face different diseases r problems with you and also week by health so you should sleep correct time and doctors are also advice us to sleep in this period..

I sometimes wondered the same thing, I go to bed around 10:00 -10:30 and get up around 6:00 sometimes earlier. Every morning without fail I hear Jake rustling, chirping, or walking around in his cage (I leave him covered as he gets uncovered by my son before he goes to school). It stays fairly quiet at home during the day until my son comes home at 4:30 in the afternoon. By the time I come home a couple of hours later Jake is always excited to see me. I was at least hoping he naps during the day since I know he is not getting 12 hours of sleep at night.