NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

You know you live with a parrot when.....

Inara

Thanks! I'm gonna grab some logs, remove the bark as I would be very concerned regarding the blood thinning potential. Sean her other best friend is coming home in five days.... another human perch that she loves to death! I'm ready to be put on the back burner for the summer.I'll once again, will be living with 19 year olds, and Sophie will be very excited.I'm usually excited for her, but this year, I'm struggling with the loss of Zoey. I'm trying to remain strong and NOT get another dog. Its worked out, as Sophie has been with me strong, since lost of zoey. She is about to desert me. I understand. I just need someone to remind me to stay strong and NOT get another pup! Can anyone help me? Nancy

I am not sure I can be much help. We got a shelter dog to be friends with Riley this year, and adopted Peck to be a companion to Megan. I am still so not over losing Marden. This was absolutely without a doubt the worst Mother's Day ever in my life. I don't think I stopped crying all day. Even outside, while I was working. But if your heart is telling you to get another dog, perhaps that is the way to go. I know, I am no help at all, am I?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLz, Nancy, about Sophie going through the motions! Sometimes when I'm cleaning Inara's cage, she'll look down at me and say, "Good girl!" It always makes me laugh, and I respond, "Thank you, Your Royal Highness!" :D

We are ALL losing it! Inara... too funny... you ARE a good girl ! I get a kick even after all these years how Sophie thinks she is sooooo PERFECT and we need to change! LOL

You know you are owned by a parrot when your son gets home from college and there is lots to talk about, but can't, because Sophie wants to talk first! and talk.... and talk....and talk...I let her. I have all summer to catch up. All about my girl! Nancy

....The grocery clerk asks you how old your baby is, after scanning a handful of baby food organic broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, and mixed berries. You reply, "Almost three, this summer." He asks, "Boy or girl?" You say, "Parrot." He says, "Parrot????!!" You just smile.

LOL That's exactly right! I get the "look" when I check out with one artichoke, one ear of sweet corn, one sweet potato etc. So far, they haven't dared to ask. One new checker picked up the artichoke by its stem and said, "What is this anyway?" Ha.

LOL That's exactly right! I get the "look" when I check out with one artichoke, one ear of sweet corn, one sweet potato etc. So far, they haven't dared to ask. One new checker picked up the artichoke by its stem and said, "What is this anyway?" Ha.

What do you do with the artichokes? I have never tried these with the birds.

That is Timber's favorite vegetable. I cut the stem off (enough to get the bottom leaves), cut about 3/4 inch off the top, strip the outer base leaves, wash it very well, then I pull it open so it looks like a flower. Hang it on a skewer or put it in the bottom of the cage. He actually prefers it in the bottom of the cage. He will attack it, chew on it, shred it, and when the day is done there is nothing left but a bit of the stem in a leaf or two. And I actually see him eating at least a bit of it!

I'm with everyone else! No proof it was Inara. Lack of evidence! LOL. As far as Grey Poupon... LOL!!!!! When I hire someone to come in to clean my carpet in my family room... they always comment " whats this green stuff?" I inform them its bird poop. They are horrified! " Can't guarantee we can get that out!" Oh PLEASE... One scrub, its gone.( very minimal droppings!) I scrub all the time!

I live with a grey and am damn PROUD OF IT! Nancy

• 3 weeks later...