NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to the forums and greys

CAG

Couple pics of her sleeping on the back of the couch after dinner last night. Figure I might as well get a few good ones before she gets old. :) After just a couple days she is eating like a horse; when she sees that food bowl and thermometer on the counter she makes those baby bird noises like crazy and it's...mouth OPEN! It's shocking how quickly she can devour food.

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

I love reading your updates. I can feel your excitement and that you are having a great time with your new bird. You may not believe it--but it gets better! This is just the beginning, and you are in for the ride of your life.

I can never get enough of those precious baby pictures. She looks so content and just perfect. I am looking forward to learning more about her as she grows. She has already captivated your heart, that's obvious. Congratulations on a smooth transition.

She's 10 weeks and 3 days today. Things are going well. :) She's been exploring her cage, or at least the bottom of it! After lining it with towels I've put the perches, food/water bowls, toys and stuff only a few inches from the bottom so she doesn't fall; she's still a bit clumsy but she's learning. Also have a small cardboard box in there for her to have a little "house" to feel safe and sleep in.

I'll be abundance weaning her and I suspect she'll start telling me, "Less formula Dad!" in the coming weeks. I've got some Harrison's pellets and Kaytee Fiesta food, she's been digging through those and figuring out there's a lot more to life than formula! Apparently she loves broccoli, carrots, bananas, and celery. The pineapple/banana juice I was drinking made her stop for a second, "Wait. This is definitely not water."

She knows she has wings and boy does she use them! They don't do much good for her yet, though. :)

Around 9pm she’ll start with the “wing ticks”, grumble a bit, and then a short time later…these ridiculous positions…

photo 2.jpg

I’ll get some pictures of her doing stuff besides sleeping next time. :)

photo 1.jpg