NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bird on a mission

Steve 2

Last month Toulouse (TAG) managed to find that one small hole in the cage bar and get stuck by his talon. I have since plugged the hole. Today he was upside down pulling stuff through the top of his cage and lost his footing. He fell to the cage floor in just that certain way where both his wings got stuck in the floor grating. The spacing for the cage bars is 3/4 inch. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can close the spacing on the floor? Toulouse seems head strong bent on safety proofing his cage. I housed my pionus in the same cage for 4 years without any incident. Toulouse is way too busy for his own good. Appreciate any suggestions, particularly concerned about what materials are safe to close the spacing with. Thanks all.

Steve

Well it was the oddest thing. When Toulouse landed on the grate he was on his back and both his wing "shoulders" went through the grate and he didn't seem able to get out. Maybe it's a once in a lifetime freak thing. Hope so. Thanks for the suggestion about the towel.

Steve

Vet Wrap clings to itself also. you can buy it in varying widths. You can by it in pet store medical sections such as at petco, petsmart etc. I used it on my dobremans at various times when they had various leg abrasions or sprains .Some people with parrots use it on slippery perches like pvc stands etc.