NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

WTB: your unused climbing net

SRSeedBurners

I saw a thread where someone was asking about DIY climbing nets. A couple of current posters (and one non-current) mentioned having tossed their unused climbing nets into storage because their birds hated or were scared of the nets. I have two birds that are genetically crossed with chimps and will surely use them. I believe Talon and LuvParrots were the two current members. Don't recall the other.

We're getting our bird room done finally and want to hang one in the bird room, and another in our shower. Greycie and Tobey currently swing from a towel but I would rather hang a climbing net that I can attach securely. The towel has slipped and hit the deck once already with Greycie in it - ouch. I also want to throw one over the back of my chair as Greycie loves to hang off the back of the recliner and play peek-a-boo.

I do have 3 in my basement tossed on the floor...:( but I am hoping to turn my room into a bird room and hang them up again...it's on my short list...I did buy the cargo one with that's really rough, but I also found one made out of cotton fishermans rope that is really soft and nice.

I opened a box the other day and inside was the coolest packing material (from an AG standpoint) I have ever seen. If was heavy cardboard that had been perforated and used as packing material. When I pulled it out, it was about 3'x2', opened like an accordion, and looked like a cargo net (that pattern). Since Timber loves cardboard I thought he would be thrilled. Instead he was terrified! I'm keeping it anyway, hoping he will be interested when he gets used to it.

• 2 months later...