NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New ritual with Que

Tari

Well Topaz has started a new ritual for the birds. Every evening she well run back and forth in front of the cage door till I get her out for about 5 min. Till her goodnite and give her lovin.

Well I felt bad for Que and Joey so I started getting them out every evening too. I had the radio on yesterday when I got Que out and she started bobing with the music when I got her out so we slow danced last night. It was the sweetest thing. Brought tears to my eyes cause I always felt like she didn't connect to me. I felt closer to her last night then I ever have. Is that just silly or what? lol

I think it might be cause you guys have such great stories about your greys and mine just short of sits there. Well I have a story now and hopefully more to come. :evil:<br><br>Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/10/28 17:24

Awww, what a nice story Tari. :-)

Your right, the more you interact with Que, the more stories you will have too share!!

Que is the most intelligent Parrot you have and probably gets bored just sitting there waiting for some type of mental activity or challenge. Greys are much higher maintenance in the mental stimulation area than any other Parrot, as you know.

It would be great to hear more stories of your interactions with Que :woohoo:

I cannot imagine how you find the time and energy to do everything you do, it would exhaust me. You are such a loving and caring person to all your Parrots and others!!

Thank you Dan your such a nice person. Que has made a lot of progress this year. And I even managed to pretty much keep my new years resolution for 2007 to spend more time with her.

She has a lot of toys but think I need more so that she don't see the same ones every other week. lol

I also want to see about getting one of those baby activity center to hang on the bird gym. No idea if she well use it or not. Also have plans for some foraging ideas that well be easy for her to learn then try harder stuff to get her brain to working more.

Saving up some money to make a large toy order middle of next month instead of going to the bird fair. lol That way I don't come home with more birds.

Guest briansmum

aww what a sweet story. sounds to me like she loves you very much she just isn't sure how to go about showing it.

you have some great ideas there and i'm sure she'll keep making progress, you could end up with quite a little darling :)

Thanks Tari for sharing that story with us and don't hesitate to share more with us as they come along. I am so glad that you feel more connected to Que and I'm sure she loves you, she just needed the right means of showing it. And its not silly at all, it's the small things that bring out some of the most loving emotions in us and I would have done the same thing.

Here's hoping there is lots more to tell in the future.