NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dry Skin

Sampson

Are you using Aloe Juice to Mist him with?

If not you should try it, it works wonders on keeping skin and feathers supple.

DrSpock posted a very good comment and How-To on sing Aloe Juice for misting your grey.

You can read it on the Health and Nutrition Tab at the Top of the Greys Forum screen.<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/10/27 18:49

here is an article regarding sweet potato & dry skin i came across.

SWEET POTATOES--Also popularly called yams, sweet potatoes are a blockbuster source of the antioxidant beta carotene, (one half cup contains 23,000 IUs) linked to preventing heart disease, cataracts, and numerous cancers. When you have reason to be concerned about the health of a parrot's eyes, this is the perfect nutritional boost for eye health. If a parrot has rough or dry skin, the high beta carotene of sweet potatoes will have a positive effect here too. This is considered to be one of the most nutritious foods in nature, and parrots of all ages love the taste, color and texture. It also is an excellent source of fiber.

I've been mixing aloe gel with water. I now ordered the juice. I hope it works. Also I have been making a mash of sweet potatoe,squash add some soy milk and made a little runny, the one gobbles it up while the one who is the plucker occasionally tries it