NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

2.5 month old baby

WiredUp

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

344 today. She is happy and seems healthy. I have had dreams several nights now about her flying through the window and flying away.ofcourse psychoanalysis could reveal deep inner childhood problems instead (lol) but it got me worried about her disappearing. I dont want to clip her wings, so got to proof the house instead. My biggest worry is that someone who is visiting and is not used to having birds around leaves the window open etc.

344 today. ..... I have had dreams several nights now about her flying through the window and flying away.ofcourse psychoanalysis could reveal deep inner childhood problems instead (lol) but it got me worried about her disappearing........

My parrots are all microchipped, if they escape and someone takes them to a vet, I will be contacted or HomeAgain will be contacted and they will contact me. It is against the law to keep a microchipped animal and not try to find the owner.

Microchipping is available in Estonia. Never heard about people chipping birds around here, though. Slim chance that when someone finds an exotic bird that they'll try to find the owner, but thanks for the idea and I will definitely look into it.

350 yesterday, 352 today so maybe weight is slowly picking up. Ordered some nutriberries yesterday, 1.5 kg, anyone got some experience how long will this last me? Also got Arcadia compact light set, can´t wait to get it, have heard some very good opinions about it.

I tried to search online but didnt find anything. Can you tell me how much approximately one nutriberry weighs? Im trying to figure out how much do I get per pack and how much do I need, as I need to ship them from UK and they get quite expensive if I order them one pack at a time.

She has a good seed mix with some nuts, she gets vegetables every day with some grains or legumes or some kind of pasta, beans occasionally, a little fruit several times a week, some egg a couple of times a week and/or some chicken, turkey or fish, on occasion she will get a chicken leg bone to break up and get the marrow from inside and maybe once a week she gets a little sliver of cheddar cheese. I personally would not feed more than a couple of those nutriberries a day, though they are good for them moderation is the key and a variety of foods should be offered and provided.

Her weight is stable as of now and she is really becoming confident with flying and around the house as well. When I say come to my shoulder then she seems to understand it and starts to think of ways to get there, becomes restless and sooner or later comes. When I say lets go downstairs to the kitchen to have some snacks and I say it while we are walking down the stairs, she flies from half-way down the stairs to the kitchen table. So far we are getting along wonderfully and I couldn´t live without her anymore. She has been biting the kids, though, plus my wife today so 3 times total. Seems like she is becoming a bit jealous when they get my attention or if the smaller child wants to take Sam´s toy. She got a firm no and 10 minutes in the cage as a punishment, was very cuddly after that. I have been trying to train her some basic commands, like "nod for yes; come here" etc in context, she chooses to ignore me a lot of the time though and finds something else to do instead. It really is like raising a newborn child rather than than training a wild animal and to be honest, as I have found such a wonderful friend, I couldn´t think of anything better.

PS. One thing I can tell that has changed in my family since adopting Sam is the overall happiness of the house. My children have become more loving towards everything and everyone, including other pets and Sam is making a huge difference with my anxiety and OCD.

Report: The new avian light made her curious but seems to avoid it. I still let it shine 2-3 hours a day so that she can get the benefits from it. Nutriberries are a new favourite, but she wastes the most of them as she likes to break them apart but doesnt want to eat the pieces. Weight is now 352, was 359 yesterday.

• 2 months later...

She does not like showers a bit. Weve been taking showers together so far, thats the only way she has not freaked out about water. She has been chewing her backfeathers for a few days now... Worried a bit about that. Got a spray but dont think im gonna use it as i have read bad things about them, but bought one anyway "just in case".

Edited by WiredUp