NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sometimes you just have to do the right thing.

Inara

waaaaa!! OK, now that I got that out.

I've been researching and looking at stainless steel cages for HRH Inara. Last night I checked our local area Craigslist and found a barely used Animal Environment SS, and the price was fantastic. (Rocky Mountain area people, check the CO Craigslist).

It is their cockatoo size (the cage that came with Inara is a powder coated --don't know the brand-- cockatoo size that is chipping). Well of course I was thrilled, but then when I asked the seller the bar spacing, it is at AE's standard 1.5" which is just too big for my little gal. :(

No matter how I rolled it over in my mind, I just could not risk her putting her beautiful little head through those bars and then perhaps having a tragedy occur.

Right now, the bars on her current cage appear 1" apart, but from inside to inside are smaller than that. She cannot get her head through. But with even a little bit more wiggle room, I believe she would be able to do so.

*Sigh* --- it would have been a beautiful home for her, at a fantastic price, and I had arranged to go see it in person and then pick it up if it looked as good in person as it did in the seller's photos. BUT in the end, I dropped the seller a line to let her know that the whole intent of my wanting an SS cage for Inara is to ensure her safety, and this would push those limits to a level where I would just not be comfortable.

Will keep looking, as I have budgeted for about twice what the seller was asking, but can't make the budget stretch to a brand new AE with custom bar spacing. So back to the drawing board to look at other brands unused.

C'est la vie. But better safe than horribly sorry.

I am sure I will and am in no huge hurry. That sure would have been a lovely environment for Inara if the spacing was better. She is such a curious and eager little thing that I know she'd be poking her head out in a heartbeat if she could. Sometimes a bargain, is not really a bargain, as you know. It just felt good to hear someone whose opinion I respect confirm that I did the right thing. Thanks Judygram !!

• 2 months later...

It was very nice to go through this thread..!

I am new to this discussion and was just wondering through the Forum and found that it is very interesting. I was searching some thread about Weighing Scales but still could not found. If anyone of you know please suggest me..!