NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pooping less

jgerardo

I dont know if i should be worried about Luna. I noticed he is pooping smaller quantities. Its more solid than liquid.He used to take like 30 min to finish eating now he only takes about 10 min then he is done. I think what could be a factor is that I am in the process of getting him on a natural pellet diet. I am still feeding him what I used to feed him though, along with the pellets. He is still acting normal whistling, flapping, climbing. Should I be worried about him? He isn't showing signs of a sick bird.

Birds' droppings are poop & pee combined. Changes in diet quickly show up. If Luna was eating colored pellets, his droppings will likely change color for instance. If he's taking in less water, which includes less moist types of food, his droppings will become more solid.

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?197422-The-Dropping-of-the-Healthy-African-Grey-Bird?

If it continues to worry you, then you could talk w/your vet or breeder. But if he's eating & appears normal, this isn't necessarily anything bad. Just keep an eye on his weight & activity level.

Good parront points for being aware of this & switching to natural pellets, btw!! :)

Edited by birdhouse