NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What does your parrot call you?

Talon

Hehe, Dayo sounds much like Megan. She calls my husband Brian part of the time, and when that does not get her what she wants, she turns on the "Daddy" in a sweet, little girl voice. The "Brian" is in my voice and the exact tone used when I am about to request him to do something for me (aka giving orders, as he would tell it). As for me? Sometimes she'll say "Go to Mama?" but most of the time she doesn't address me personally, just demands what she wants. "Want some water" or "want out." When she's sleepy, she gets more cuddly and lets me hold her, and that's when I become "Mama." Mar does not usually call either of us anything because he doesn't talk much but he does call the dog "C'mere Riley", usually followed by a bark that sounds amazingly just like the dog. The other day, a truck pulled up. The dog was upstairs sleeping, and oblivious. Mar heard the truck and began barking away, then said "Riley!" He does know who I am, because when he's told to go to Mama or give Mama a kiss, he responds appropriately, as well as knowing who daddy is. All I have to say when my husband is on the road and coming home that day is "Daddy's coming home tonight!" and they both go into a frenzy of delight and Megan goes "Daddy, daddy, daddy!" He's their favorite person. I am just the maid, cook and personal servant, not worthy of being addressed by any name.