NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What does your parrot call you?

Talon

Gilgirl called me "Hey" for the first two years. Then she named me LuLu and that stuck. My husband and kids now call me LuLu. Gil also started shouting to me when I am out of her sight and calling me "maaaa". She doesn't have a name for my husband yet, we should come up with something to teach her. She calls each of my daughters by their own name. Our other parrot Java calls me bird too, that is so cool. She doesn't say it often but will ask "what are you doing bird?" If you are familiar with Seinfeld, she drags out the word "bird" like Jerry says "Newman". Jeff, it is the sweetest thing for Gracie to call you daddy.

Last thing after I have put Misty in his cage to sleep and I say "Bed time Misty. Sleep well" he calls me Baby as in when he calls back to me: "Bed time Baby" This is after he has told me in no uncertain terms that it is "Bed time NOW OK?!" ( I tend to stay up late). First thing he greets me with in the morning is "Hello Baby" after I have greeted him with "Good morning Misty". Otherwise if he has a need to attract my attention he will either use his signature whistle or tell me "Come Here!" Very very occasionally he will use my name "Steve" . If he is cross with me because I have put him in his cage or used the water spray to warn him off a place he shouldn't be like a book shelf he calls me "Horrible boy!"

Steve n Misty

Edited by Mistyparrot

I do not have a name that any of my parrots call me. Although Sterling Gris will say, "Hello Gorgeous" when I give him his breakfast. He does know my pug's name, Lily, and does call Ana Grey and Louie by their names. Perhaps I will start using my name so they will perhaps call me my name. I will think about it.

Well Dayo calls me Daddy, my wife Mommy. If we don't answer in whatever time frame he thinks we should have, he will call me Dan McQuilliams and my wife Kim McQuilliams and then say "Where are you?" with strong bold pronunciation and loudness , which means you better answer!!! :P

Inara calls me "Woo" in several different tones of voice from lovey dovey to demanding when she wants "up up!" She calls Joe, "Joe" and will send out a few calls during the day when he is at work. When he is home and he is in his chair reading, and I have put her into her cage (in her mind) prematurely, she will call, "Joe -- Johh-ohhh. Up Up" She calls Dezi (our dog), "Dezi." She says her own name clearly, but just yesterday when I asked her, "What's *your* name?" she immediately replied, "Teeko girl." Teeko is how she says, "tickle," and was one of her new words of the day a few days ago. I about died laughing! Silly girl, is more like it! :D

Jeff, it is the sweetest thing for Gracie to call you daddy.

It really melts my heart when I leave the room and Gracie sings "Bring Back, Bring back, Bring back my Daddy to me to me" (sung to My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean".) Or when she says, "Daddy is here." or "Daddy stay home with Gracie." It isn't so great, however, when she says, "Gracie Bite Daddy. Ouchie!" with devilish intent in her eyes.

Edited by JeffNOK

Usually when Dorian calls for me it's an obnoxious whistle, like the two fingers in the mouth ear shattering kind (which he learned from a yogurt commercial ). Occasionally I still hear "Margreeeeet" or "Hey, HEEEEY!" in my dad's voice. I was kind of cheesed off when Dorian picked those up and chided my dad for his imperial manner of calling me, but now that he's gone it's kind off nice to hear his voice once in a while.

well gosh darnit ... Marco dont call me nothing or least I dont pick up that she has a particular "thing" for me ... I must work on that!!!!!!

I know she definately says ANDREW ... for my son ... she says DROIDDDD .. for Jay (as soon as she sees either of them) but nothing for mommy :(

I guess I concentrated SO HARD on teaching her her FULL NAME and her address (if she ever got lost outside) that that is ALL she says now is her name n address :D :D :D and Im totally ok with that but will work on something more endearing for me lol

I know we have tried we say alot of I love you Mommys and stuff to her but she hasnt broke loose that Ive heard with nothing like that. Id probably cry if she did lol :o

Guys.... it will come! It takes patience! Now imagine in three to four years of their birth, you walk in the door, they are calling and waiting. You don't have to ask for stepup, their foot is already up, they reprimand you... you took too long to come see them. Then they want to snuggle for an hour. Would you be happy? I am sure you would! I am there.... but I went thru all the struggles you are going thru. Nancy