NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Terrified of Boing!

M'sBabies

I have a boing in the center of Phoenix's cage. I purchased two of the same size, color. This past weekend I purchased a new one and he is totally terrified of it. He will do anything to avoid touching it. I took it out and put one of the other ones back in but I am confused as to why he would be so scared of the new one. It's the same size just a different color.

Also another quick question. What is the best way to clean rope perches and boings? I hose mine down then put them in a pillow case and run them in the washer and hang them to dry. It seems to damage them but I want to make sure they are clean and sterilized.

Edited by M'sBabies

Mine do not last long enough to need to really clean. They are ALL rope chewers, lol. When i have had the accidental poop though, i would just let it dry, scrape it off and wipe it good with vinager water solution and air dry it where it is. I vaccuum it in between for the food debris. As far as the new boing, color matters. It is a new object and fear of it normal. It doesn't matter that it is the same toy, it is a new color. Bongo hates the color red but loves the color green. Gabby hates white and the others have only shown to dislike a red shirt i have, but red in the cage doesn't bother them. Go figure, they think way to hard about some things! lol