NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pipers Wing Update / Piper & Talon's Vet Visit

Talon

Thanks Dan, I just made an appt. First one I could get is 10:45am my time...my daughter will take him as he hates me, I don't want to stress him out by being the one to take him, and also I absolutely can not get out of work on Wednesdays for any reason.. Anxious to hear what the vet says & I will let you know asap. Thanks for your support everyone. I know it looks pretty bad....I cant imagine what they will do.

UPDATE: My daughter just texted me from the vets office. He said he believes the reason Pipers wing looks like it does, is because the ointment is messing up what few feathers he has left under his wing. He wants us to continue the ointment once a day & wipe down the area with a warm washcloth once a week. He also said he is limping because he sprained his foot, probably when he fell, as he always falls hard to that side & it was just a coincidence. He is going to call & check on him in a week to see how he's doing, but he feels he will be much better in 2 weeks . Personally, I think it looks much worse, but then again his feathers are now always gooped with ointment...

Thanks for the update! Overall, it sounds positive to me. What a blessing that you can handle Piper. The thought of trying to put anything under Timber's wing gives me chills.

Oh, I can't handle him, he hates me even tho, I am the caretaker....my daughter picks him up, we towel him and then I get to be the nurse...he then runs away from me and stays with my daughter

I have to admit I couldn't bring myself to look at Piper's boo boo. I would do anything I had to do for my little feathered friends but like Timber's mom, I shudder to think if I needed to "nurse" Gilgirl at this stage of our relationship. I have been praying for improvement for Piper. I am sure you and your daughter have been taking good care of him and have spent sleepless nights worried about him. Glad his vet sees progress.

My heart just aches for little Piper. You and your daughter are doing such a good job in the nursing department, and it must be so traumatic for you. I'm holding good thoughts for the two week major improvement. Thank you for keeping us all updated, my heart is with you.

• Haha 1