NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

After I teach you to talk...

BaileysPapa

I think we all imagine it, that somewhere deep inside us is a primal instint that believes we can soar to great heights. When I was a child, I had vivid dreams of flight. As I grew older the dreams ebbed away but the memory of those dreams has remained as vivid as those mornings awakening with a conviction that I could fly. My children also would wake up to excitedly tell me they could fly. My daughter at four was convinced if she drank the hummmingbird elixir that she would be able to fly.

Great video, A bird that can put us in our place.

BaileysPapa after your grey starts to talk and she try`s to teach you how to fly, She will say all you have to do is move your arms like this. (as she flaps her wings) It`s a peace of cake.

Edited by Ray P
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

" Sometimes, I just sit and watch my beautiful birds, "

This part is awesome.

I really like to wake-up to his cage noises in the morning. Before him waking up that early wasn't my thing, but now I wake-up like 6 in the morning to watch and interact with him. It's now my daily routine and I really enjoy:D

I still have dreams I can fly, even now. It is awesome! The fact that parrots can fly is the greatest thing in the world. It would be really great if we could fly as well. Breezy's wings got trimmed to keep him safe during shipping to me but they were not trimmed very short so he can still fly some. Going to let his wings grow out. I have cathedral ceilings and barn beams in my house. Would be great for him to fly around in when he grows his feathers in. Still working on how I will get him down when he flies to the barn beams which are fourteen feet above my head. Maybe a really LONG handled T perch. Lol!