NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New here from DE

Hi - new to the forum but not new to Greys.

Chose the name CritterCrazy because, well, we have a lot of critters living with us. Some say we have a Zoo but I don't think it's quite that bad! ;) (Dog, 5 cats, Bearded Dragon, 5 Sugar Gliders and Kenzi - CAG and soon Oscar the U2).

Had a Grey before (actually had several parrots) but Carlos was my all time love. I was told Carlos was a boy when I got him. Nine years later we found out he wasn't a he when HE laid an egg on hubbie's lap! Unfortunately we lost Carlos (she was around 14 yrs old) to a house fire.

So we have Kenzi and adore her. She's approx. 5 1/2 months old and is the star of the house!

Oh, married with 2 kids (well one just left the nest for college - she's got a Alexandrine with her as a companion); retired Navy but still work Full Time (can't afford not to).

Welcome!! I L O V E crittercrazy people!! LOL Our house was always full of varies forms of two (sometimes less) and four (sometimes more) legged animals. Now I am happy with my three parrots and doggie sitting once in a while.

I am looking forward to many stories from your house.

Sounds like our place - lots of critters. One of my worst fears is coming home and my house has burnt down with the birds inside. Pics of all the critters!

After the fire we had that took my Carlos (1st CAG), I'm still a wee worried and panic if/when I see smoke coming from the direction of our house. It's usually someone burning leaves or whatever but it still weighs on my heart. Thing is, we were home when the house fire happened. We ran out with our kids in hand but by the time we went to go back in to get Carlos and my MIL's dog, well it was too late. That was 14 yrs ago and I still get teary-eyed thinking of her!

I'll get to posting some photos soon! Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Welcome to you and all your critters. It is heartbreaking to know how you lost two beloved family members in the fire even while celebrating that you were able to get out with your children. It had to have been devastating. We can relate to Carlos ceremoniously dropping her gender twister into your hubby's lap. We didn't have such a dramatic announcement but just the same discovered our little Timneh Gilbert is a Miss Gilbert through DNA recently. Thanks for joining us and for your years of Navy service.