NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cross Country Move

mosfatal

So found out that I got the externship that I wanted @ Zoo Atlanta....YAYB) .... But now comes the hard part.... Moving....I am not really worried about Chico adjusting(I got him as an undergrad so we moved around alot and spent breaks at my mothers house) my concern is how to handle packing...I feel all of my careful bird proffing is getting ruined in preparing.:unsure: ..Anybody made a major move with your feathered babies?:dry:

Also moving from MI to GA are there any laws I should worry about ???I

-Is there any preparing that needs to be done for the weather change (we are moving in Dec)????

-Should I expect a molt???

Wow, those are great questions. I can understand the whole climate change concern. I am a Michigander too, a yooper to be exact.

As far as bird proofing, I guess just do the best you can do and have a sense of humor when things get chewed on...or something like that. :)

Good luck. I'll be interested to see the tips people come up with.

-Hannah

I am moving back to California this Halloween with my CAG.

We are flying on Delta because they allow you to carry on the bird ($80 extra, but no Health certifcate needed... If you ship the bird as cargo on Delta they cahrge $150 and u need a health certificate issued by a Vet no more than 10 days before the travel date), but the carry-on cage can only be 8" tall if its hard sided and 12" tall if its soft sided ( I have both just in case). I am leaving his old cage in Colorado and plan on getting a new cage in CA because the size of the cage makes shipping not worth the expense.

Let you guys know how it turns out.