NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

controlling behavior (teaching can't go somewhere)

dannybrah92

I'm having a serious problem controlling my congo greys behavior in desiring to always wanting to go into the kitchen.

How can I teach him that he is not allowed there? or only allowed to be there with me? he will scream and have his wings up dying to go there for the at least the first 5 hours in the morning starting at 6 am. If he doesn't get to go there he will scream his lungs out.

The kitchen has no door so I can't shut access ... also there is poison all around the kitchen floor in the corners and he loves to be on the floor walking around the kitchen.. it is really dangerous for him.

Edited by dannybrah92

You need to get something like one of those small child protective barriers you can place across that kitchen entry that has small enough openings your grey cannot get through. You cannot possibly stop you grey 100 percent of the time he is out. If your grey is flighted, then you need to hang some kind of hanging beads, entry curtains or something that goes from ceiling to floor so your grey cannot fly in there. Lastly, you really need to get rid of any poison in where in your house that your grey could get in to when you not looking at some time. It can happen in the blink of an eye. Please try to find other non-toxic solutions to solve infestation issues.