NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

update on Mozart

hitchhikerz

hey you all

i have been quite busy the last few days so i thought i should come drop a line just to say hi.

mozart is doing fine:)

he amazes me at how clever he is. my mom is at home most of the time and she says he is active but quiet. but as soon as i walk in the front door (he somehow knows its me opening the door) he goes wild for attention!! he will say his whole vocab, ring his bells call my name, till i come to greet him.

its also impossible for me to take a pic of him!! he keeps trying to bite the cam and cant sit still!! if im in the same room as he is, he thinks there is only one place for him and that is on my shoulder!! and he will do anything to get there!!

often i will leave the cage open and sit across the room and call him. he will then look for the fastest way to come to me. climbing over anything or anyone in the way to get to me:) :)

then when he is on my shoulder he is happy:):) but only if i give him ALL my attention! if i start takin to someone else for too long he lightly bites my ear to remind me he is there!! and if i dont react to that he starts biting harder :)

he is great fun!! i cant believe i waited so long before i got myself a grey!

well i hope you are all well :)

all the best and greetings to all the greys out there!!

Isn't it amazing how smart they are?

I just love to hear these stories. Someone in another post referred to her grey as a "little feathered human". I think that is so true. They know exactly what to do to turn us into mush.

Hitchhikerz, looks like Mozart has you just where he wants you. Enjoy him.

Thanks for sharing ... Mozart sounds very similar to Klaus. I'm his favorite human for now, and he pretty much goes nuts when he sees me. I recently purchased a playstand for him because (let's face it) it's a little inconvenient to have him on my shoulder every waking moment. So, I was going to do dishes and I moved the playstand into the kitchen, maybe 3 feet from where I was working. He reluctantly went on the stand, the proceeded to "peep peep" at me in the most pitiful way the whole time I was doing the dishes. Mind you, there's toys & fave treats (walnuts & grapes) on the playstand, but he just wants his mommy...