NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Foraging Ideas

Talon

Hi, seeing as I have no creativity in my brain, I know my parrots are bored with the same ole same ole in their cages. I do try and change up toys, and they do have a bucket with wrapped toys inside to forage to. But I see all the ideas here and am in awe of everyone's suggestions.

I found this web site with some great easy ideas!

http://foragingforparrots.com/ideas/

You all have been giving me some great new ideas and reminding me to try some of the stuff I bought long ago but Miss Gilbert was too timid to try. All things old become new again as she gets a new attitude. One of the favorites was to use the penny wrappers from the bank, (I got mine at the dollar store). They are sturdy enough to take a little while to get into and make good foot toys. I put some pine nuts, little bits of shredded paper and stuff in them and twist the end closed. Coffee filters or cupcake wrappers also make smaller size "paper" bag foragers. Miss G is too afraid of things like toilet paper rolls but the smaller things are easier to hide around the cage and she is beginning to seem interested.