NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

almost came home with another TAG

Sanveaz

As y'all know 6 months ago I went to a bird show looking for a pionus and came home with my TAG Escher because he got on my shoulder and wouldn't get off, biting anyone that tried to take him away from me. Well today I went to another bird show and guess what, another TAG came to me and wouldn't go to anyone else.

He is 4 months old and came right to me. He stepped up on my hand and ran up my arm to my shoulder where he had a ball playing with my hair, glasses and ear for about 20 minutes. Every time I would lean over for him to get on the cage or for his dad to get him he would run across my back to the other shoulder. Escher is at the age where he doesn't want me giving anyone else attention and doesn't want me out of his sight, if it wasn't for that I would probably have another TAG right now. I think it's funny that in less than a year 2 TAGs wanted to come home with me. My husband said he thinks it's a sign that when we have a house I need to raise TAG's.

Having the grandbirdie here for a week cured me of MBS. I do not have enough time or energy for 2 demanding birds. I felt like I was short changing them both and I was exhausted. Both Jake and the grandbirdie are onlies and are used to getting all the attention and to a degree are spoiled because they don't have to share resources or personal time.

The guy that had him was trying really hard to get me to take him. I didn't notice him trying that hard with other people. I think he realized that I'm a pretty good birdie mom when the baby was beaking and tasting my fingers and I didn't pull away or freak out. Escher does it to me all the time so it doesn't bother me at all. He was also nibbling on my ear and I just brushed his beak away and told him he couldn't have that. I was falling in love but living in an apartment right now I just can't handle more than one.

On the plus side I was able to get Escher a bunch of great toys. He's picky about the kind of toys he likes and Petsmart and Petco don't have good toys for medium size birds. They have budgie and cockatiel toys and toys for large birds. They are the only pet places around here. We should be set up until the next bird show in 6 months.

You are apparently a TAG magnet :D :D I commend you on your self control and your successful avoidance of a case of MBS! Like many others, I too believe that our non-human companions of all types of feathers/fur/scales often choose us as much as we choose them. As an artist, I love Escher's name, by the way!