NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Laws making trouble for rescue

Greywings

Judy Lantz ( in Tarzana ,California, in San Fernando Valley) of Parrots Naturally needs help ;

>Judy Lantz wrote;

You've know us for many years and are aware of our efforts to place the many birds that have come to us for rehoming.

City regulators have told us that we can no longer keep birds that are not fully feathered in the shop. If we don't place them immediately, the city has the option to revoke our business license. This is an emergency that has me begging for your help.

Can you find it in your heart to take in one of our abandoned birds? Fostering or Adopting could both be options. All adoption fees will be waived for these poor birds and we will do our best to help you with a cage if you don't have one.

Many of these birds have been former pets who lost their homes for many reasons and could again be a wonderful companion . Some are pairs, both proven and bonded who may breed in a new environment or may live out the rest of their lives together entertaining a lucky home.

Tell all of your bird friends about our dilemma and the opportunity to foster or adopt one of these birds in need. We have featured only two of the many birds available. Charlie and Gypsy are waiting for you to take them home.

There is a special reward for those who care for one of God's unfortunate.

The birds described are just two of dozens that we need to place. We will spend lots of time with you if you call ahead and make an appointment with Judy or one of our volunteers.

If you can help us preparing and showing birds please volunteer by calling or emailing Judy;

[ parrotsnaturally "AT" earthlink.net ] parrotsnaturally@earthlink.net

Or call Judy at; 818 887-1233

Here are just two of the birds that need help;

Charlie, Female Congo African Grey

Charlie came to us two months ago, traveling all the way from Texas to return to her first home at Parrots Naturally. She was one of our own flock hatched in 2004. Her loving owner passed away several months ago, so her husband asked us to find her a new home.

Gypsy, Female Vosmaeri Eclectus

Gypsy came to us almost a year ago. She had become very difficult to handle and had attacked a family member. To the right, experienced bird person she might make a good pet. One of our volunteers is able to handle and even cuddle her with caution.

I'm heading down that way early October. I'd love to check out Charlie if she's still there. Poor girl.

California is doing a great job paving the road to Hell with good intentions. I escaped CA years ago. Right now I have to pay three times normal amount for a catalytic converter for my Nissan truck because it was built in Cali; they required special converters to meet their emission standards, and for a 2002 truck they have to be specially manufactured to fit the specially-manufactured manifold mounts. Gah. The frustration and search makes me drink more coffee, which probably isn't shade-grown and means the destruction of rainforests somewhere on a farm operated by slave labor.

This really breaks my heart, which already has a soft spot for pluckers. How can they not understand that many of the birds in this condition are in a rescue because of that very issue?? I'm too far away, and my little mobile home is already full of too many birds. I've promised my wife that I wouldn't take in any more birds. For the hundredth (and last) time. Otherwise, I'd be there already! :( :mad: