NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Superspeed begging for food

Joyvke

It's hard to explain. Django is still not eating so much by himself, though he isn't as hungry as he used to now that his 12 o clock meal is being replaced by fruit and pellets.

However we notice that on some feedings he goes hyperactive mode. The movement they usually make when begging for food, but 10 times faster. As if he goes turbo.... he doesn't seem to be sick or whatever and eating goes fine. Even when we wait and offer it with a spoon instead he seems to does it. Often gets only 30ml then goes Turbo so we stop a while and try again, but he keeps doing it.

Is that the way for the baby to say "I've had enough" ?

Thanks for the video. I don't have any baby experience, but I'll bet that will be helpful when someone with experience comes along. Sorry!

No problem. Again it just happened with his morning feed. After 30ml, it went all hypermode. He didn't wanted more and just wanted to get out of the cage instead.

When dayo was being hand fed, he would pump faster and much more violently than the baby grey in that video. So the faster pumping is fine. However, each grey is different. When dayo had enough, he would either just stop the formula from going down his throat and it would start spilling out the sides or he would grab the syringe or spoon with his beak and flip it away.

Dayo was never fed in his cage. He was always on a counter top or table top and a hand was gently placed over his back. I suspect your baby gets enough formula and just wants out of the cage instead of continuing to eat. Perhaps try feeding him outside the cage and see if he will take more.