NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Oooh, Baby, I think I love you from head to toe

KarahEve

Ok... so being new to African Grey's I never really assumed they would display body language too terribly differently than other large birds might. But this has thrown me for a loop :) To me, this appears extremely affectionate. But my lesser cockatoo NEVER did anything like this! So, I'm kind of at a loss for what her acting like this means. This is the second time she's done it. Input anyone? Please ignore me sweet talkin her. Lol... its corny I know!

Well from what everyone seems to agree upon, I'm glad to know she is growing so fond of me so quickly? I barely got her a few days ago! I haven't gotten her in for her vet appointment yet. As soon as I got her, I scheduled her to go in for the earliest checkup I could. But that isnt for another month or so. The local Avian Vet isnt in all the time. Oh, and she is perfectly able to hold her wings tightly against her body. Just when she does that little act, she widens them out away from her slightly.

Shortly after bringing Miss Gilbert home she did that a lot. I thought it was just how she showed me how grateful she was to have moved in and be given the royal treatment. She would regurgitate for me too and I took the general forum advice of thanking her and giving her something as a distraction. She will occasionally do this when we travel and she is in a new location and with certain new people.