NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Oven Cleaning

M'sBabies

I was wondering what everyone does when they need to clean the oven. I need to clean mine badly. It's not a self cleaning so I would have to spray it. Are there non toxic oven cleaners? Would he be ok if I put him in an upstairs bedroom, opened the window and closed thee door? How long would I need to keep him away? Thanks for any advice.

I clean my oven when it is warm out and I can have my parrots outside. I also have the fans and such going for awhile before I let my parrots come back in. I suppose it would be okay to have your parrot upstairs if there were NO FUMES at all able to drift upstairs. I for one prefer to have my birds out of the area completely.

I was recently thinking about cleaning my oven too. I am toooo paranoid about the slightest risk, and I would not have Gracie my CAG in the house at all. She will stay with my parents. If I had no one to depend on, I would board her for a day at the vets. No need to risk the worry.

These two sound very interesting. Thanks for posting the links.

Yes, thanks for the recipe! That looks great. I used one I found there for pet odor that worked better than anything I have bought, and I've bought them all (one of my cats had a urinary tract infection and I didn't know it). It was baking soda, peroxide, and dish liquid. I was amazed at the results, and at the cost.