NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Phoenix Update

M'sBabies

Hi everyone. I could not find my log in information and I wasn't getting an email to reset it but anyway we are back.

Phoenix will be 6 months old on Wed. He is the sweetest little boy! He is totally attached to me and wants NOTHING to do with my Husband no matter how hard he tries. :D I'm not too upset about that right now because our dogs are attached to his hips so I get to have Phoenix for now. lol

He is eating like a champ. Anything I give him he gobbles it up. The only problem we are having is trying to get him harness trained. I have followed the videos to the T. As soon as it gets anywhere near him he grabs it and twists himself up in it. We keep trying because I would love for him to be able to go outside without being in a cage.

I swear he wants to talk in the worst way. He'll be sitting on the stand chattering away and the second I talk to him he turns his head and stares at me. He's taking it all in. lol

I am truly taken with this little guy.

Edited by M'sBabies

Yes, some of them are what is called closet talkers. As soon as we look at them they stop. My Peanut will only talk to me when he is behind me. LOL

As for the harness, I had the same problem. I started to have some one else, with gloves on, hold his feet while I put the harness on. I know that is not the best way, but we had to get to school and he was fighting me that day. I would stand him on the back of a chair and have the other person hold his feet. Worked great for us. But he still hates the harness!!

This may sound silly since he's a tiny little guy but boy oh boy is he strong and STUBBORN when he gets his mind on something. I had to fight with him for over a 1/2 hour to get the harness away from him. Every time I would get one part away he would grab another part. It was REALLY hard not to laugh because I was fighting with a Bird! He got over on me that time. lol

I know you are enjoying having Phoenix all to yourself right now but my guess is that he will gradually allow your husband more interaction as he gets older, my cag didn't really want anything to do with my husband in her first years with me but she interacts more with him now, not like she does with me but better than she used to do with him.

Glad you could come back and join us again.

It's Greyt to have you back again and posting. At least he's not afraid of the harness, he just loves viewing it as a great fun toy to play with. :) The downside, is it will probably end up chewed and you'll need a new one that you will actually over time get fully on and take him out. The most important to do is make certain getting the harness fully on is never a bad experience. If a grey has a bad experience getting a harness on, you may never get it back on again with out a fight and making them absolutely hating it.