NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Intro & CAG or TAG for our family

Michellec

Hello Michellec and welcome to our family.

Well it seems in the time you made your first post to introduce yourself and you were interested in a grey and now you have one before I can even make a reply so I guess congrats are in order, that was quick work but I hope it all works out for you and Nala, I am assuming her name is Nala.

Thanks. The research of parrots in general was oing on a while, then I spoke to bird shop owners, bird parents in person, was thinking about a specific macaw and visiting it.....but realized it was not the correct match. Then spent time talking more with shop owners, one person in person.....then decided on a gray. Thought I better get more input so came ere and asked the same questions again.......thinking we would bring a gray home next spring/summer. Then all kinds of interesting things appended ths weekend......

Yes, we named her Nala. First day went very well, but I think that s prob easy with a baby? She steps up, stretched her wings a lot while perching on our hands, made some grumbly noises, chirped ( or what do you call it?) a few times.

What is most surprising is how involved my husband has become!! Wasn't expecting him to be proud of her, attentive to her etc. I thought it would really just be myself and my son working with whatever parrot joined our family, but husband is going to be right in there. I'm really glad for the ongoing support from the shop owner also and the answers from folks at online forums like this. Thank you for that.

It's funny, the reading, asking questions, and meeting and talking to people and birds was great, but realizing a 20+ year dream in the way this all fell together is something I can't adequately express.

Goodnight. Tomorrow, unfortunately is a regular work/school day here. Wish I could stay home!

Welcome Michelle and new flock! Sometimes destiny takes over at different times in our lives and we cannot ignore it. It seems this is one of those moments. I am a firm believer in letting the grey chose you. I am very happy this occurred and Nala already seems happy and content in finding her "Meant to be" flock. As they approach six months old, the eye coloration is spot on. I know teaches that take their greys with them to class, one is an ESL teacher and her grey is very excited to go to "Work" with her every day she has a class. The students love her as well. I hope works out well and brings much joy to all the lives you and Nala may just indeed touch and make a big difference in. :)

Congrats to you and your family. If it helps any, i have 3 CAGs, 2 prettty much hate everyone but my husband and me and one of those two hate me. The third one, my Bongo, loves everyone and when he gets around people, turns into mush and demands to be the center of attention.