NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Help????

greylover0

When I took my son at age six, to birdstore, I told him to " listen" to the birds... let baby pick him! .. Kiki our Amazon, picked Sean. It was a match made in heaven!They have been best friends for more than a decade. Noone should settle on a grey to pick them, as their forever friend!The best thing you can ever do for a grey, is to encourage the grey to love all family members, meet new friends and family, that they can trust as well. Sure I got challenged by Sophie, to have " fun" with others involved in her life and had to deal with " attitude", but she was socially involved.Many times I found myself on the " bottom", of her favorite list when she was younger. BUT.... I remained the constant in her life, so 13 years later, she knows that. I'm her " rom", meaning mom, I will always keep her safe and satisfy her needs. So does Sophie have a favorite? Yes. I am her Nancy

There is no guarantee that a particular grey will choose you and some have even brought home a grey that changed its favorite person to someone other than the one who purchased it in the first place. You just have to accept what you are given and do your best to bond with your bird but it should be socialized with all members of the household so it doesn't become a one person bird.