NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Does your Grey play Grandmasters at chess?

Hi all, I am hoping for some advice on the following episode ...

I'd been playing chess on an internet chess server, and somehow fell asleep before logging off. When I woke up, I found that my Smokey had gone on the server and engaged a Grandmaster in a game of chess, although he went on to lose (without playing a move; I blame myself, since it hadn't occurred to me to teach Smokey chess openings - he's less than a year old). Also, the mouse cord was chewed through (again...) - possibly this is why Smokey hadn't played a move, or maybe he was just angry with himself for losing to a GM.

Is it normal for Greys to play Grandmasters at chess? This is my first African Grey, and none of my previous pets have been this precocious. Any advice is most welcome.

Well I am on my 7th keyboard this year. Sophie has her own, but she likes mine better! BUT.... Sophie loves board games, especially the game Trouble and monopaly.Even when we play pictionary and she is on my team.... she will defect in a heartbeat! She knows who is winning and thats the side she wants to be on! LOL! As soon as MY team wins... she is back! ( I love when we play pictionary with her! Even if she doesn't know the words, she throws them out there) Nancy

Wouldn't it be great if our birds could respond to posts? Sean, my 19 year old off to college, Sophie isn't happy. My 22 year old responding and skyping with her. He too, is off at college. I LOVE that they treat her as a family member, and worry about her. They were nine and three when she came to live with us. She is just an additional family member in their eyes. Nancy