NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cardboard box

Seni

Hello,

Since the day we have Kiwi, we found out she is really afraid of cardboard boxes. Because we bought allot of toys and stuff for her we walked around with those boxes, as soon as she sees we are holding a box, she starts jumping around and running away as fast as possible.

Offcourse i'm watching out with cardboard boxes now, so i don't spook her.

But what would be a good way to learn her that those boxes aren't scary. Should i feed her in it or near it? Or is there a better way?

The parrot thing is still a little bit new to us, so i want to help and understand her as best i can!

Thanks in advance!

Many greys are very fearful of cardboard boxes and there's really no scientific answer as to why. All of my greys are extremely afraid and so are my 2 quakers. Just keep them away from the bird. Pack and unpack in a different room. There's no way to change that fear.

Thanks for the reply! I will give her little boxes to shred and not be afraid of it if she wants. And I will leave to big boxes in other rooms, so she won't be bothered with it! Thanks for the advice!

@luvparrots: i've thought about that too, but there isn't a way to find that out. So for now i'll try and let her enjoy little boxes and the big boxes I will keep away from her! :)