NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Travel cage problem.

Wingy

I bought Jake a fold down travel cage. We have been walking and playing near it every day and today he went in it for the first time. Horray. He climbed up to the top, hung upside down and stuck his head through the bars and out the top like a periscope. ACK! After all that coaxing to get him in I had to coax him out because he wanted to explore and thought sticking his head through the bars was a neat trick. I need to get some kind of barrier and attach it somehow across the top and around the sides. Any ideas?

It just said fold flat pet carrier and on the box it showed a cat, dog, rabbit, guiena pig and a CAG. The difference between the bar spacing of his cage and the travel cage is 1/4 of an inch. The carrier has 1 1/4 inch bar spacing around the body but 1 1/2 inch on the top. I don't think Jake could squeeze through 1 1/4 inch spacing but might through the 1 1/2 inch if he worked it. I wonder if I could cut down a piece of waffle panel (the stuff that covers tube lighting in offices) and attach it to the top.

I have three collapsible cages just like Judy's. I purchased the larger ones as I use them for overnight cages when I visit my daughter. My TAG, Ana Grey is a small bodied bird and she does fine in her cage. If I ever need to replace one of these cages, I would get the exact cage, they are great!

Edited by luvparrots

I really thought hard on how to go about altering the cage so that he can't play periscope parrot out the top. I am going to get some untreated sisal and weave it through the top and probably one of the sides too. I can weave it through loose enough to allow him to see out but enough so there isn't room to put his head through. I will still be able to fold it down and Jake might like the "security" of not being exposed on all sides and above.