NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Kool-Pop Buddies!

Talon

I kind of figured I'd get flack about the unhealthy kool pop. Lol

But it was all in fun, they get a tiny taste abut once or twice a year. I really don't believe it will harm them considering it isn't something they get very often....:) gosh, Talon loves cold things, snow and ice, and Rikki usually hates anything cold, so this was a rare thing for her to try.

I kind of figured I'd get flack about the unhealthy kool pop. Lol

But it was all in fun, they get a tiny taste abut once or twice a year. I really don't believe it will harm them considering it isn't something they get very often....:) gosh, Talon loves cold things, snow and ice, and Rikki usually hates anything cold, so this was a rare thing for her to try.

No flack, just a way to share cool treats without them having to be occasional. Jake won't usually eat a carrot but he will eat his carrot juice ice cream. Go figure.

If you have a food saver machine you can make your own pops. Just tilt the liquid to the end, use the seal function not the suck and do a double seal with a small space in between each to cut into sticks for the freezer.

No health benefits, but I don't imagine there is enough sugar (or anything else for that matter) in that pop to hurt. Interesting idea about the carrot juice though! I may try that. It would be a way to get some vegetable past Timber's beak if he'd go for it...

I started by giving Jake some in a thick shot glass. He prefers it as ice cream though. I pour the juice into ice cube trays and whir it in the mini food chopper to make a bowl of ice cream for him. He thinks he is hot stuff.

Love the photo! They love frozen stuff, even ice cubes. We let Dayo have some of our Dreyers natural fruit Popsicles, grape, peach, strawberry, mango etc. I think he gets brain freeze sometimes, but just keeps on eating them. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Greycie likes ice cubes of all things. She stole one out of my drink one time and I watched her eat it. Now I give them to her whenever I have ice water, otherwise she'll get into my drink and get them herself. She'll even take them out of a drink on the counter and fly them back to her tree and eat them.

Our CAG, also a Marco, also loves ice (which I call 'crunchy water'). I found that rather than spilling his water bowl contents when being wheeled outside (or risk opening the service door while outside), I can just fill his water bowl with cubes. Fascinating stuff, this ice!

• 2 weeks later...
Love the photo! They love frozen stuff, even ice cubes. We let Dayo have some of our Dreyers natural fruit Popsicles, grape, peach, strawberry, mango etc. I think he gets brain freeze sometimes, but just keeps on eating them. Thanks for sharing this. :)

if luna gets really loud and on my nerves ill throw some ice cubes in her water bowl. keeps her occupied and reboots what ever is going on in her little bird head.