NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

8 week old baby - need help

Guest Sohn_25

Guest Sohn_25

Hi everyone,

Just to make an extremely long story a little shorter, I took in a baby african grey parrot who was not being treated properly by it's previous owners. They bought the baby from a breeder at 6 weeks old and he's not weaned which is just terrible and they aren't able to contact their breeder. I've been handfeeding the little guy for 2 days now, he's on 3 feedings a day of avi plus formula, I've been giving him 45ml of formula and I've been using a bent spoon.

But he's just been constantly squeaking at a very high pitch and it doesn't stop. I'm worried about him, does this mean that he's still hungry? Not sure if I should feen him more but he just doesn't seem to be satisfied. He squeaks while he's eating and most of the day when someone walks into the room. PLEASE HELP

Yes I believe he is still hungry. At 2 months 45 ml at a feeding does not seem like enough. Can you get some proper feeding equipment?

You should be making sure the formula is warm, but not hot. Stir it a lot to make sure there are no hot spots. Feed until the baby

wants no more. He will let you know. Hopefully, someone with more experience will come along soon.

Are you offering food other than formula?

Have you taken this little guy to the vet?? If not, please try to do so asap.

• 2 weeks later...