NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New style ceiling fan at Lowes

KimKim

Has anyone seen these yet? I saw it a few weeks ago and thought it would be nice to switch mine out to so I can have them on when Babalu is loose. However, the PRICE is to much to replace my 3.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=396798-88854-LP8074DLAZ&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3822665&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=rel&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

image_zps8ce7bf5d.jpg

I have been watching this fan type and reading reviews for a while now. All but one of our ceiling fans are turned off. The one I love does have a remote but the thing that makes a difference to me is there is a light above the blades and another below the blades and it cuts down on the strobe effect. I have read a lot of reviews and the general complaint of this "style" is the light shines straight down or is too low for anything but ambient lighting and the fan output is low and goes straight down, so unless you put a chair directly under it, it may not move the air the way the old style does. Of course, it does keep our birds safer. I am beginning to wonder why I don't just quit trying to combine the fan with the light and get two floor style fans on tall poles.

I would never buy this, Nilah would perch on it all the time. I have celling fans and have never once had my birds fly into them, they are too high to the ceiling. Nilah will fly to them sometimes when they are off, and when I turn it on low, ride it like a merry go round. When I want her off, I spins it fast with my hand and off she flies.