NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

House Problems

KevinD

So I was thinking the house Sukei came with was too small, so we went and got her a bigger house.

She seems freaked out, wont come off the roof, been 4 hours now.......just sitting there....:confused:

44382678.jpg

586516537.jpg

928873224.jpg

Maybe she just needs more time, but I figure she will have to come down to eat after a while :confused:

The new cage is freaking her out. As I am sure you know, they are very phobic about change and especially their cage ( Read Home) suddenly just changed. It is better to leave the old cage and let them get used to a new cage sitting next to the old or across the roon from it. Depending on how fearful she is, she may or may not eat on that cage.

Yes, she never spent anytime in the old cage, 90% of the time she stayed on the perch, thats why as you suggested, I left the perch next to the new one.

I dunno, if I was stuck in a cracker box and someone said here is a big ole house, Id be happy LOL.

While by nature you are correct they are phobic, it never takes her long to get used to new things.

Give her a few more hours she is starting to make her familiar noise effects....

See what happens :)

Well, that did not take too long, seems all she needed was a welcome wagon basket LOL. I am very amazed after reading alot how quickly she adapts to new things. I have been out of town on.......business, and the wife does not like the whole posting business, although she loves to read.

While I was gone Sukei has learned to fly short distances 15 or 20 feet or so. I think the bigger living area will help boost her confidence and make her feel a little more secure.......but what do I know.....you try something if it works, go with it :)

167842035.jpg

642875566.jpg