NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Come here!

Cinnyminis

Well today, I sorta trained Radar (CAG age 10 months) to fly to me from his cage. We have been halfheartedly working on it, but he expressed a desire today, so I went with it. I first used some flower treats and stood about four feet away from the cage. After 5 aborted attempts, his curiosity won over and he flew to me, and quickly decided he did not want the flower pieces. Next up, I used a cashew. He came more readily and chose once again, no food. I figured out that his motivation is more praise and scratches than anything else.

After the first few times, I walked away, but in the course of the evenings, I was able to get him to come to me about 6 times. The only issue I had was I decided I was done, and he wanted to keep going!

All I have to do is hold my forearm up and say, "come here", and he will. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, or if today was a fluke, but we shall see!

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent! The beginning of training for you! LOL! Sophie's favorite days of training was to have us all involved, placed several feet apart, and say " come here!"She did. Twelve years later... if anyone says " come here"... she is there. If we DON"T say it, she will! ( I'm sure as a reminder to us!) She understands the words so well, if when I walk in the door, she say's " come here", I'm trying to cook, I'll just say " You come here!". She comes. Nancy