NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Crows knows to seek human for help

danmcq

Corvids are brilliant. I always get a bit defensive when scientists say that crows are the most intelligent birds. I always root for African Greys. I see my CAGs intelligence and wonder how any bird could be smarter. Gracie is amazing and I could go on and on about her smarts. But, the fact that a wild bird with an innate fear of humans could subject itself to human interaction that would be viewed as threatening in normal circumstances shows amazing intelligence. These birds are just wonderful. Since I started to share my life with Gracie, I view ALL bird differently. Before, I may have dismissed them. Now when I go outside, I watch them,. talk to them, and wish them the best. We probably have no idea how gifted even the most ordinary pigeon really is. Thank you for posting.

The first real job I had was at t department store that had a pet department. There was a Crow and an Amazon there as intrest bringers and that crow was fast , clever and a talker. He waould call "Here Kitty kitty" then bark like a dog. We often had to return people jewelery after Lucifer took it from them. A memorable bird and a wrong place for one to live.

A few years ago while we were traveling across the US I ran into a raven in one of the motorhome parks. This bird was friendly. He even came into our mobile home and followed me into the Laundromat. I really wanted to take him with me as he was beautiful and so friendly. When we left, he was sitting on the outdoor picnic table watching us leave. I remember him to this day and hope that no one else took this wild and wonderful creature from where he truly loved to be; in the trees in the country visiting those he wanted to meet.