NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sleep Huts?

M'sBabies

I have not put a Sleep Hut in Phoenix's cage yet but was looking to get a couple of them to have back ups. I have 1 Multipet Happy Hut (Medium) for my Sun Conure and they stopped making them!!! When I take it out to clean it the poor thing loses her mind. I found a similar one and just ordered a few so hopefully she will like them. Anyway... For Phoenix, a TAG, any suggestions? He loves to sleep on top of his boing in his cage. I found large and extra large Happy Hut type ones on Amazon. His cage is big enough to fit an extra large and I figured it would give him lots of room.

Ditto Ray and Judy's responses.

My Grey nor Conure will show any interest in a sleep hut. Conures normally do like crawling into small places and hiding or napping, but not mine other than a kitchen cabinet that we find him in after closing the door. :P. Greys for the most part want nothing to do with them.

If I may ask--what's the reason for putting this item into a CAG or TAG cage? Their cage is usually accepted as the ideal place for any grey to sleep in. As Judy said, height is what they like. One of my greys enjoys napping or sleeping with a heavy duty metal touching him. He goes behind it so that the bell is constantly touching him.

At some point I gave Phenix a hut & he loved it. Totally shredded it in a single afternoon. :cool:

The only one here who'd probably like a happy hut is my ekkie. But she's so hormonal I would never dare let her have one. She has an industrial sized paper towel roll in her cage & she unrolls it down to where she can sleep under the loose end. ...close enough. Sorry fiddo!

I try to make an effort to build a hide away high up & to the back of everyone's cages for whenever they'd like a little privacy. Thick branches &/or big toys that they can feel hidden behind when they want to. It seems to work well for everyone in my flock. They like to sleep on their boings often, too.

My tag has always loved her green hut...yes, it must remain dark green. When she was little, she always climbed in it and slept in it for the night, but as she grew older, she prefers to perch on top of it and that where she sleeps. It is Ning as high as I could get it, but she still wants to be on top of it.

My cag wants nothing to do with them.

My amazon loves to crawl inside and play, but only when they are outside hanging somewhere.