NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Got Apples?

KevinD

Hmm, maybe I am wrong but I made extra sure to remove the core because they said the core has trace amounts of arcenic in it, I could have read it wrong.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in...:confused:

Hmm, maybe I am wrong but I made extra sure to remove the core because they said the core has trace amounts of arcenic in it, I could have read it wrong.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have read a couple books on Greys and when I read that apple seeds contained a trace amount of cyanide I didn't give it much thought as my Emma did not like apples. Then the other day she was really interested in the apple I was eating so I gave her the core (expecting her to drop it) and was surprised that she ate it.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have read a couple books on Greys and when I read that apple seeds contained a trace amount of cyanide I didn't give it much thought as my Emma did not like apples. Then the other day she was really interested in the apple I was eating so I gave her the core (expecting her to drop it) and was surprised that she ate it.

Better safe then sorry..... Magnificent looking Parrot. Sukei is molting, so she is having a bad feather day lol

They contain a cyanide precursor that metabolises into cyanide but they would have to eat a lot to do any harm but I never take the chance. Cherry pits, plum and apricot and related fruits contain similar potentially poisonous compounds.

Steve n Misty