NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

why does he do this?

jbsmomto1

My cockatiel does this when I have her near me when I speak especially if she is right in front of me, I think she has extra sensitive ears and it may bother her so maybe it is the same way with Storm, I make sure she is away from me some when I speak to her.

Whenever I talk to Storm he shakes his head as if saying "no" ....he only does this when I speak, never any other time.

No clue why. I would suspect just some type of acknowledgment of hearing you? Good question, but only time may tell what it truly means. Greys are a life long study, at least so far with me and I mean individually. It takes months sometimes to figure out a certain body language like your describing may mean.

May be a form of acknowledgement that he is accepting your discussion. shake your head back!One thing I have learned about Sophie, she just wants to talk. Not always in human terms.While we expect our birds to live in our world, except our expectations, we don't attempt enough to live in their world. I do! Sophie's world is important to me, and I listen. Nancy

its usually only when I talk and in a normal tone, he does it when I use other tones but not near as much...I am thinking it might have somethng to do with his speech, 2 weeks ago he said "good boy" this week he has added 2 new words (sort of) though I can't quite make out what they are.