NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hey Judy...

birdhouse

That was just adorable. There were some more across the top of parrots singing happy birthday. I liked Cosmo too. Happy Birthday to our Judy all the flock is singing for you. I told my sister to only count the even birthdays, that's what I do. LOL. Also, I skip forward if it is an odd year... so on the day of my birthday if it comes up and someone asks I tell them, well, I'll be this old (the even number) on my next birthday. I've seen good people crumble when they hit a milestone birthday that they used to think was ancient... I give myself a year to get used to it and none of them have been distressing. Now you know I am certifiable, but golly do I have fun.

Edited by katana600
repeated myself

Dee, I embrace my age as it is just a number, growing old is what we do, nothing can stop the clock from ticking and our time on earth from ending, might as well enjoy your time here and make the most of it, I am and making up for lost time for we never know when our time comes, I have wrinkles and age spots but who cares, definitely not me, you take me as I am, you might say I am growing old as gracefully as I can.

Believe it or not, I love my gray hairs of wisdom and my "patina". Every scar has a really good story behind it and I have worked hard and had fun getting to where I am today. I thought I took it in stride because I had so many "tricks" and coping techniques up my sleeve. I have always enjoyed that poem about wearing purple when I am old, so I started wearing purple when I was about ten just so I could be irreverent and care free.

That was adorable and perfect for Judy!

I am happy to see that everyone is so happy and aging so gracefully. You are all wonderful examples to look up to and live by....by us young-ins.......lol

P.S. I'm just eency weeny bit younger...lol

Aww look what happened here! I just wanted to do something for Judy's bday & the "songbird" made me think of Gypsy. Apparently, this thread just took on a life of it's own & I actually think that's a good thing for a change. lol

Glad you liked the vid, Judy. It is too bad Gypsy (right ?) doesn't sing. I don't think there's anything cuter or sweeter than a tiel serenade.

I'm a little behind some of you guys in age, but not much! I am not quite so graceful about the creaky joints & bad back. However all my years of wisdom have taught me there's only one way to quit getting any older & I'm no where near ready to kick off yet. I've also decided that if I ever do start lying about how old I am, I'll lie up so everyone will think how good I look for my age. ")

• Haha 1