Clingy Amazon

Ray P

Clingy Amazon  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Clingy Amazon

• True statement
    • General statement
    • False statement

When you think of clingy parrots the first parrot you think is not a amazon, but one of the cockatoo species AKA Velcro birds, The amazon would be one of the last birds of that list if that list were in order of most clingy too not so clingy.

In your opinion is this a,

A. True statement,

B. General statement or

C. false statement.

Edited by Ray P

I pick...not sure, I'm confused by your question...BUT my amazon loves to be with me. She especially loves to perch on my shoulder and talk up a storm when I am in the bathroom!!!! It's like having little kids again...no privacy ever with an amazon, she follows me everywhere I go.

I have been looking and looking at Amazons and reading about them and have not every considered them to be clinging as in needing constant reassurance. Also, have been told by the breeders that they like a boisterous busy household and are comedy kings. I don't have any evidence or experience, just guessing from what I have heard.

Katana600,

Yes, I agree, you said it perfectly. I think those of us with amazons really mean they are clingy, but more like they just want to be with you. AN amazon wants nothing more than to be chillin and hangin out with you. If they can't, they don't scream for attention, they go off and see what trouble they can get into...or see what funny things they can do. I find my amazon to as Ray says, lives in the moment and accepts whatever the flow is during the day..but LOVES it when you come home and they can stay on your shoulder!