NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

stormy is growing up!!!!

Hi everyone!

Its been a long time since I've been on the forum. Stormy is quite the character at 1 year old. Her birthday was the 4th of this month. She loves to call my 5month old English bull dog... constantly! Heres my question for my seasoned grey owners.. when we are sitting and petting and just hanging out stormy starts making this really weird/funny almost panting sound.. now I think its a bonding thing but being that ive had more experience with Amazons and macaws I wasnt entirely sure.. I also thought sexual maturity.. she has done this with both me and my husband.. any insight?? Im not worried.. theres nothing stuck in her throat .. she does this when we're calm and relaxed. . . It almost sounds like excitement.. let me know if any of ur grey babies have done this..

Wow Stormy is one year old already and yes the panting is more of a bonding thing right now since she is not old enough to be sexually mature but just like in human children they can be sexually stimulated by touching certain parts of the body so do not pet down the back, under the wings or anywhere around the tail area but otherwise it sounds like things are going well for you all.

Now just waiting on the video you mentioned, don't keep us waiting long. :o;)

Judy Im technologically impared... im having the hardest time uploading anything.. and I mostly do everything from my phone.. I guess I'll have to get on the computer and do it.. if that doesn't work I'll call for reinforcements. ..aka THE HUSBAND! lol and thank you for your feedback.. I thought that's what it was.. I knew not to touch around tail/vent area.. but I didnt know under wings was a hot spot too.. thanks again.. I'll keep working on the video. . Lol its hysterical!

Don`t feel bad about being technologically impaired. There are times I can`t find my way out of the bathroom.

Yes Stormy is a little young and is not sexually mature, but she wants you to know she loves you.

Noone is as technically challenged as I am! I PROMISE you that! LOL Kids sit me down, and treat my like I am five. I'm on vacation this week. I was charge on Friday, their are issues for Monday. I verbally told my boss on Friday, what needed to be done, they said " send me an e-mail!" I sent them a " sticky note!" I'm working on it. Nancy

Happy hatchday to Stormy, it is great to celebrate milestones and see how much she has changed since she came home to you. When Gilbert gets excited for someone he loves, he droops his wings while he is making the panting sound and makes another distinctive whining, begging sound. That is usually followed with neck pumping and bringing up a saved bean or other treat. We acknowlege him and then redirect him to something interesting and fun. He isn't a hands on grey so we don't worry about stimulating him, just don't want him to get the wrong idea and get frustrated.