NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dosent want to stay in his cage

Suzette Furby

Hi, I'm hoping everyone can give me some tips on how to make my baby happy to stay in his cage when I'm in the room.

I don't mind him being out, its just sometimes I might be doing something that he cant be part of/ dangerous for him to join in.

As soon as I put him in, he goes to the bottom of the cage and tries to dig his way out lol, or if I'm close he will go to the top and try and squeeze out of the cage.

Ive tried to ignore him like you would a child ( dosn't work )

Ive tried telling no, it just makes him worse.

Any ideas???????

Had the same problem. I broke apart one of the Parrot chew toys with the wooden dowels and just handed them to her one by one. She was content to perch in the cage chewing on the dowels.

Do not know if that would help you or not, but it is something to try :)

I don't know any grey that wold prefer to stay in their cage. :P

Digging on the bottom of the cage is a common behavior as well as climbing all over the cage when your in the room and they wish to be with you. As Kevin suggested, have toys in the cage to keep them busy or offer things like He suggested to get his mind off of being out with you. :)

Of course they want to be with you. If you need to get chores done.... give them a foot toy... close the cage, and get whatever you need to do done! Sophie has learned when I do this, I will get my chores done, and come back for her when I'm done. She knows and understands my schedule to perfection.

she knows she and friends are first priority, and she is patient. During the day when I am gone, she has two friends to play with her. As soon as I get home, they are out. Now... they have Sean to play with, and boy, does he deliver! Nancy

You mean you leave him in the cage when you are home, shame on you for when parronts are home birds are out, its an unspoken rule and if you don't abide by it then suffer the consequences, sometimes we have to do what we have to do and they will survive.:D:rolleyes:;)

Sorry I didn't mean to a fend anyone. Hes always out of his cage when I'm home. Its only when I need to do something that might be dangerous for him to join in.

I think a couple of your replies weren't needed.

I have found this site really informative and enjoyed reading all about what every ones Greys are up to, but after this I wont ever be asking for advise again.

Hi Suzette. Judy and Bratbird were making jokes. We all have to leave our greys in the cage to be able to get things done and keep them safe or from getting in the way when doing things we must get done. No one here thinks you are doing anything wrong. :)

Sorry I didn't mean to a fend anyone. Hes always out of his cage when I'm home. Its only when I need to do something that might be dangerous for him to join in.

I think a couple of your replies weren't needed.

I have found this site really informative and enjoyed reading all about what every ones Greys are up to, but after this I wont ever be asking for advise again.

You are having your leg pulled Suzette !:D We all have times when our LGMs (Little Grey Monsters) have to be confined to barracks for their own safety and our sanity! You should hear the demanding insults that Misty throws my way is he thinks he has been unjustifiably caged for even a few minutes!

Steve n Misty