NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Baby Question

M'sBabies

I will be getting my new little boy at the end of the month. The breeder I am getting him from is far so I have not actually met him yet. (DNA test done so we know it's a male). I have been receiving pictures and the last picture I have a few concerns. I will attach the picture so you can see. I see the bald spot/bubble by his neck and I have never seen this before. He will be at the vet right away but should I be concerned? I am not able to get the picture to attach. I will keep trying.

Edited by M'sBabies

This appears to me, that your baby grey was fed formula and it dribbled down the neck and breast area. Thus the feathers are matted together. A damp rag and some wiping would clean the right up. Ask your breeder about this as well. They look as if he/she has been wiped with a wet cloth because the formula would appear as yellow mush on that area. :)

• Sad 1

Thank You, I am concerned about the bald spots on the chest and neck. The breeder is a wonderful person and I can see and hear the love she has for these babies. I guess I am just a nervous new Mom. lol I do have other birds and have never seen this before.

LOVED the picture of your new baby! Absolutely gorgeous! Babies should be around 16 weeks before they come home. Bald spots mean nothing. Make sure, baby is fully weaned, but if not, baby should continue to have a formula feeding as needed. Always satisfy the oral stage. Kiki took around another six months to be fully weaned. Just a simple feeding off a spoon, is all she wanted. Now... she eats everything and anything. Nancy