NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The totally unofficial Judygram Appreciation Marathon

birdhouse

After all the discussion about rep, how it works & all, I learned today that Judy is just too damned supportive for her own good. Don't know who thunk this up, but just because there's been 42,638 & counting purple posts (as far as Vbulletin knows), Judy doesn't get any more little green bars unless some ridiculous number of people rep her. :confused: Yupp, that's apparently how this system works.

So I think it might be fun to start a marathon. No limits on how long or how many. Just encouraging anyone else who likes the idea to find any purple posts they'd like, since they do have a few to chose from lol & rep Judygram until the crazy system finally gives her the green we all know she deserves!

Thought it might be a nice way to say thank you for all the support Judy's given so many of us along the way, too.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Haha 1

I am on board with that. Since reading about reputation and finding out what it means, I have resolved to make sure and use it every day. What better way to let our lady Judy know how much her welcoming posts mean to those of us that were drawn in by her hospitality. Thanks Judy!

• Haha 1

I have a confession. Gulp. The first time I tried to give Judy a reputation, my mouse hit the books instead of the star and I clicked in a reflex move. It brought up infractions! It scared the beejeebers right out of me. Thankfully, it warned me that I could not give our dear Judy an infraction. Whew. It has been a couple of days but it still makes me a little nervous. I am learning so much more about the forum functions though thanks to the recent posts.

Me too! I'm trying to make up for lost time since I've been here for almost a year and hadn't given anyone "reputation." I was wondering, how often can you give it? For instance, I gave Dan "rep" when he started this thread. Now when I do it it gives me the blurb about "you have to spread reputation around before adding to this users rep" (not an exact quote). How does this work? Still learning as well.

:) So The Machine had to cough up a few more bars! Not a bad day's work at all! Bet we can still pry a few more out of it, though. :)

...it warned me that I could not give our dear Judy an infraction. Whew. It has been a couple of days but it still makes me a little nervous.

That seems good & bad all at the same time. This is a curious system!

I was wondering, how often can you give it?

I think Dan said you could only rep twice a day.

Edited by birdhouse
  • Sad 1

Now when I do it it gives me the blurb about "you have to spread reputation

around before adding to this users rep" (not an exact quote).

Once you give reputation to someone you can't give that same person more until you have added to the reputation of others, now I don't know how many others you have to give it to before you can add to the first person's rep but that's how it works, seems screwy to me.

• Haha 3