NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Reptutation - If you value a members post please do add

danmcq

Many new members here and maybe even some long time members may not know this. I see members here that post good stuff constantly, yet their reputation does not reflect that sadly. If you see the green bars at the top of each member post, they are the reputation of that member. You can only add reputation 2x a day.

So if you find a post helpful by a member, please click on the Star * at the lower left of their post to show your appreciation. :)

• Haha 3

Gosh THANKS Dan, I was clueless on this. The "Thanks" are right there in front of me and I am still not clear on what they "mean" to others. I will try to sort it out and learn more. So thanks are visible on the thread and in a count on your stats and reputation is reflected in your profile? I am still trying to remember which thanks are the ones I gave and which are the ones I clicked thanks on another persons post.

Hi Dee,

The thanks are just well Thanks. :) You see the # of times you have thanked users and also how many times they have thanked you. Then under you member name at the top left you see green bars, those are the reputation you have built up by users clicking on the builds * up your reputation.

Edited by danmcq

Thank you Dan. I have been here for over two years and NEVER knew that. I had the impression that the "thanks" button had something to do with the green bars. Now I know and will indeed click on both. Now I understand both the reputation and the "yield" sign. I tend to shy away from clicking anything I don't understand, so you have done a service with this post. kudos--and I clicked on the reputation button for this post!

• Haha 1

Thanks Jeff, I am glad this thread has done it's purpose in enlightening members on how those reputation bars increase. With only two per day to give, it is important to use them on members that posted something you found useful and valuable. I try to give members reputation each day for GreYt posts. I just kept noticing that members whom had been hear for a while were not building up any reputation. Then the "Light Bulb" went on, members probably had no idea what that was or how it increased. :P

Rep back at you for always posting GreYt thoughts on topics! :)

Thanks Dan! Since you're explaining how this works, I've never quite figured out how many points per bar. Seemed like I got 1 per 100 pts until about 700. Then it just stuck there until 1000. Also, are all members' rep's worth a set point value, but mods can give more if they chose?

It depends on your post count so whenever I give reputation I add 3 or more bars to someone who doesn't have very many posts so count yourself lucky if you get some from me and likewise it takes many to give me another green bar, thats the pitfall of having so many posts.

Just how fat is the rule book on this, anyway...?

Got back to back neutral reps (also new to me). Both members were just hatched & I'm guessing the rep rules don't allow them to contribute to members' overall points...? But that just doesn't make sense. Hatchlings are people too. lol

Is there actually something to read to decipher all this, or can someone maybe make a sticky or should we (I) keep finding silly questions to ask? :o

Just how fat is the rule book on this, anyway...? Is there actually something to read to decipher all this, or can someone maybe make a sticky or should we (I) keep finding silly questions to ask? :o

Reputation Rule Book: Click on the Reputation *, it will either let you give Reputation or not. If not, try again later. :P

I am trying to use as much reputation as possible on our members. Somehow, I accidentally hit the wrong button :( when giving a positive ( IDK how that happened) and I need to know how to fix it. Where do you go to see all of the reputation that you give? How can I fix it?

Edited by Kizzybird
  • Haha 2

Hi Kizzybird, If that happens, pm an admin and only they can undo reputation...pm me and I can correct it if I know the members name and the day you want to change it.

Edited by Talon