NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Howdy Ya'll

I live in NC and have red dirt between my toes during the winter and pluff mud the rest of the year. I've been obsessed with birds from childhood, and I'm no spring chicken. Presently, I share my roost with a grey named Echo and a blue & gold named Nesta. I've also done time with a moluccan and a timneh. I'm quite fond of them all. I decided to join this group after reading the bite me club thread. And just this morning, I was re-initiated into that club by Echo for no apparent reason. I'm sure I'll have a laugh and gain some insight by spending some time with ya'll.

Thanks for sharing,

Gus

Edited by Augustus

Hello Gus and welcome to our family.

How old is Echo and how long have you had him/her? Would love to see some pictures and of Nesta too, we have an other birds room where you may share them.

About that bite I just bet there was a reason but it just wasn't apparent to you, sometimes we don't read their body language correctly and we pay for it.

Gus, I got such a smile from your introduction. I have to admit, I had to look up pluff mud and it is described as having a "very characteristic bouquet". I have red dirt between my toes year 'round in Georgia except for forays up to Pennsylvania in the winter to walk in the snow in my bare feet to remind myself how great that feels... for a second or two. Hahaha. I am looking forward to hearing more about your life with Echo and Nesta. I had a surprise nip a couple of days ago and let me tell ya, my colors aren't any brighter right about now. I've read that if one of our parrots wants to put all they've got in a bite, they can sever a finger, so consider yourself lucky that they just drew blood this time and if it didn't need stitches its a nip not a bite. Hahahaha... easy to say when the injury has healed and you are looking back about a year later maybe. Welcome to the forum.

Edited by katana600
typo/spelling

Hi Gus and welcome. Looking forward to hearing more stories of Echo and Nesta. We moved to southern Minnesota from Kure Beach, NC and I really miss my home. Love NC! Minnesota is nice if you like winter 6 months of the year. We have been snow free for 20 days now. Tell Nesta and Echo that Cousin Kizzy says hello.

Hello Gus and welcome to our family.

How old is Echo and how long have you had him/her? Would love to see some pictures and of Nesta too, we have an other birds room where you may share them.

About that bite I just bet there was a reason but it just wasn't apparent to you, sometimes we don't read their body language correctly and we pay for it.

I fed Echo and Nesta out in '97, both females. I'm always focused when it comes to handling Echo and I always ask if she wants to go to another location before offering my hand. It may be months between bites but there's nothing wrong with my memory. But I'm sure you're right about there being a reason.

welcome to the greyforum and to the bite club. LOL Having been there recemtly myself I feel your pain. I haven't been bit again for a few weeks. still don't know what set mine off.

Good luck with your search for what sets yours off.

Gus, I got such a smile from your introduction. I have to admit, I had to look up pluff mud and it is described as having a "very characteristic bouquet".

It has a very characteristic bouquet for sure, but one I've come to appreciate. I've spent quite a bit of time recently in Augusta and went to school in Athens many yrs. ago, and I'll always thank Georgia for giving me the Allman Bros.

We moved to southern Minnesota from Kure Beach, NC and I really miss my home. Love NC! Minnesota is nice if you like winter 6 months of the year. We have been snow free for 20 days now. Tell Nesta and Echo that Cousin Kizzy says hello.

You were just up the beach from me! Bet you won't miss the mid 90 degree temps and 90% humidity that can last for weeks.

Welcome Gus and Flock! With your experience and writing style, your going to be a lot of joy and experience as a GreYt addition to this forum. I look for ward to seeing more posts and some photos or videos you may have to share as well. In regards bites, heck they are parrots! :)

I still get the occasional bite as well, but in between the scratches, shoulder riding everywhere and even in occasional upside down belly tickle are worth the unexpected bite. To me anyway. :)

Welcome Gus and Flock! With your experience and writing style, your going to be a lot of joy and experience as a GreYt addition to this forum. I look for ward to seeing more posts and some photos or videos you may have to share as well. In regards bites, heck they are parrots! :)

Thanks danmcq. My English comp. prof. had a radically different opinion of my writing style. What forum would be appropiate for posting photos of my flock/pack?

Hi there. I was raised in Fitzgerald, Ga and ate quite a bit of that red georgia clay! Lol Welcome to our weird yet very fun family!

I see you're now in DFW. I spent Halloween at the Stockyards a few yrs. back and you talk about some weird "fruitcakes".