NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Plant victory

I love that you posted this. I have a brown thumb coupled with a house in the south with windows coated so no UV comes through to fade and alas no sun for plants or parrots. Also, after many cross country moves when I haven't had time to watch my outdoor plants bloom before leaving and when I have to leave all my houseplants behind, I said no more, I will get silk plants. Well... I have one solitary hopeful little plant in my care. It is a hoya. When I stayed with my friend Martha, she loved hers and was so happy to see it bloom. When she passed, her daughter offered it to me and I had to decline because I was afraid I would kill it and that would be horrid. What I did though, was to take a cutting. I read and read what to do and I have kept it alive for eighteen months. It started with two leafs (leaves?) and on the anniversary of her passing it budded a new leaf. When I came home from my recent travels, it had grown another leaf! I now have a vested interest in this little plant and read that it will take seven years for it to bloom from a cutting.