NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I want to cry

Sassy

Yeah. It is stressful that's for sure. On both of us. I put her in a small sleep cage last night and had her next to the bed last night. I think it made both of us feel better.

thats probably a realllllllllly good Idea!!! she just wants her mommy!!!!! awwww

Thanks so much for keeping us updated about Neytiri. I am so sorry she is still having discomfort. You are doing such a good job watching over her and taking care of her. Has the vet had any idea what started this or is it relatively common to get an infected preening gland? Keep your chin up and know that even though she is uncomfortable, having you near and showing her kindness and soothing her is the BEST medicine. Hope she has a turnaround real soon.

Not really sure how common it is. But it's like getting a pimple. I think the infection itself is on its way to being healed. Now to heal all the damage she did to herself.

She was very cuddly today and even laid on her back wrapped like a birdie burrito on my husbands chest and fell asleep. Currently she is eating from her pellets bowl in her cage. I've also heard her grinding her beak so she must be in a decent mood.